Friday 15 March 2013

Welcome to the blog

Hello.
I'll likely make a video telling my YouTube followers about this, so if you're now reading this you probably know a bit about me, because you're probably one of those guys/gals who watches me.
Just in case you've stumbled across this randomly though, a little introduction is in order...

My name is Stefan.
I'm currently 22 years old.
On July 31 2011, I created my YouTube channel 'FireYourDoctor'.
At the time, I was very angry about the medical industry - Hence the username.
(While on the subject, I was originally going to go with the name 'Doctor Yourself' but it was taken).
Just to be clear, I wasn't meaning you should shoot your Doctor and I really don't have anything against Doctors.
I think the majority are intelligent, hard-working and want to help those that are ill.
However, I also believe that they have to learn far too much at once, are paid to give out pills which actually do a lot more harm than good, are unaware of what they're actually giving out and (from my experience) don't always treat you like a human being ("If the blood tests are normal, this must all be in your head Sir!")
So, by Fire Your Doctor, I meant you should take your health into your own hands.
'This is not medical advice blah-blah-blah', but screw pills and Doctor's. Who needs 'em?
For the most part, drugs aren't necessary and don't achieve what you wish they would.

This blog isn't going to repeat everything I've already said in my YouTube videos though.
I've stated my thoughts on the medical industry and there's no point moaning about how I was 'screwed over'. For those who don't know though, I was prescribed the drug Roaccutane (also known as Accutane) - an acne drug - which I learned can be very dangerous to one's health. My body is still in a somewhat unhealthy state 7 years after taking that medication. The last 7 years have been a tough battle. There have been many days where I've thought about taking my own life. I've felt completely lost and disconnected. Helpless, miserable and sick and tired of feeling like shit.

But, I can finally say I'm making progress.
I'm not cured of all my problems, but I've realised most people have their own 'Story' and have to live by it.
Honestly, this life can be difficult to keep smiling through, but I wanted to share some ideas here in order to help those who feel how I did. I still have the occasional day where I think 'Shoot me dead right now', but these are much less frequent and I know it's nothing to worry about. I haven't got it in me to kill myself. I've come to realise what can help avoid these thoughts and feelings and I'll start to share my ideas in the next post.

Hope to see you there,

Stefan,
Team F.Y.D Leader



No comments:

Post a Comment